I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Eph 4:1-2)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

me and baby update

Stole this from a friend who is due only one day before me! :) Thanks Mere!

How far along: 16 weeks, 2 days (week 17)
Total weight gain: Well, since I lost about 11 during weeks 9-13 and I've gained back 8. I'm at -3
How big is baby: about 5 inches/4oz (ish), the size of an avocado
Maternity clothes: My mother-in-law gave me some great tops (mostly "normal" ones but they work as maternity ones wonderfully!) besides that, I tried on some jeans but I'm not big enough yet. Pretty much in love with rubber bands, my BellaBand and sweats!
Stretch marks: Nope! Started using some awesome lotion (thanks mom-in-law!) already though.
Sleep: Doing much better now that I'm not up peeing a couple times a night, but my back is pretty stiff/sore so it's not the best sleep. Expecting it to only get worse though :/
Movement: Yes! Been hard to pinpoint, but I'm pretty positive I have felt it move at night a few times in the last couple days. Daniel is anxious for his turn soon!
Food cravings: All the time, but constantly changing. Only really consistent thing is salty foods.
Food aversions: Not really, but I'm still having a lot of trouble with smells making me gag like NO other. Almost worse than just throwing up. Pretty much can't open the pantry...
Belly button: no change yet
What I'm looking forward to: seeing the baby again next week and picking out things for the nursery.
Weekly wisdom: Be in the moment! I know we will miss the days when feedings meant feeding mommy and going to the store didn't require a pack-mule.
Weekly joy: Feeling the fishy in my belly and deciding to rent a home by our parents for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment