I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Eph 4:1-2)

Friday, January 15, 2010

day 2

176 days to go. seems like forever, but so did waiting for my high school graduation, wedding day and Florida vacation. But in the end, each of those came in their own sweet time, quickly passed and are now memories on my digital camera (note to self: get those printed sometime before I'm 30). I guess I am in the mood to think about how much time I have, and in other ways don't have, right now. For every that I have on my "To Do ASAP" list there are at least as many on my "...days till" side. In the meantime of waiting for the latter to hurry up and get here, I celebrate checking one more thing off my list and getting one more step closer. Today I checked of a few things already! For example, this. Check! I've also finished one homework assignment (of 12)- but still, Check! And I've done laundry; granted it is someone else's, but I did it. Check.

Going back to the 176 days and counting till our due date, I am reminded of my mom's go-to-advice for me: "you're going to miss this." And I'm positive she is right, especially now that I am done throwing up my oatmeal and am back to craving mint-chocolate-chip ice cream constantly. I will probably greatly miss the days were all I had to do was work and classes and homework. I will definitely miss calling my landlord when something breaks. The list could go on. Thus making my point that there will be many, many things that I will miss about only being a nanny, student, office assistant, and wife. And yet, I can't describe how much I am looking forward to adding 'mom' to my bag of tricks (and Ima to my mother's).

Well, I have to run. Lon has woken up and needs help making her noodles "not hot." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment