I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Eph 4:1-2)

Thursday, March 25, 2010

long overdue

SORRY! I'm long overdue on an update and it just goes to show how my past week (and more) has been. Bella will just have to fill in the blank spaces with "mommy was running around like a crazy person" :)

So now, for the update: Been feeling pretty well these days. A little insecure about how much weight I'm gaining, but since I can't see it anywhere but my now soccer ball-sized belly I'm taking refuge in the fact that she is to blame and all is well. Still, I'm pretty much avoiding looking at a scale between doctor's visits. I guess that is normal. Bella is getting more and more active every day. It is amazing and exciting and wondrous how she is curled up inside me. She is doing the "typical" activities it seems, like getting more active when I eat or drink (I think it is from the sudden surge of energy or my blood sugar going on) and when I'm still in the morning or night. Thankfully she isn't waking me up during the night yet, but speaking of sleeping- it's getting no so fun these days. This week I've started having cramps in my calves, apparently also normal because of how she is pinching off my blood flow or something, and yesterday I had one so terrible I screamed out loud for a good 45 seconds. Daniel was terrified because I hung up on him as I started screaming. :p But it went away eventually. Now I'm just left with an extra sore leg. I have been trying to get more potassium and stretch before bed in hopes of helping them get any worse, but I think it's all just part of accommodating Bella's daily growth.

Now that the weather is getting beautiful I've started jogging again, which I didn't think I would be able to do since I'm lugging extra baggage around, but it's really not so bad. Cayla likes it so much more than walking and I think it's helping with my energy level. It feels so great to walk and jog and stretch after a really long day. Just need the rain to hold off on the weekends so I can get my sun tan started. I plan on rockin' some two-pieces this summer :)

Next week we have another appointment for Bella, 26 weeks down/14 to go! Daniel won't be able to make it, but since it's just a quick check-up I think it's fine. No more ultrasounds for a month or two unless they see something they might need it for, but we can hear her heartbeat just by putting an ear to my belly now! I think that is so cool! Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I got some not so good school-related news this past week and have been kinda down in the dumps about it, but I know that everything will work out great and God is totally in control.

Here is a basic overlook at things thus far- love you all!

How far along: 24 weeks, four days (week 25)
Total weight gain: Not sure really, 7 as of March 3 but it's probably closer to 14 now. :-x
How big is baby: about 2lbs (goodness!) and between 12-14inches long. How she fits, I don't know.
Maternity clothes: Yup, well, kinda... I got some skirts and tops from 'regular' stores that accommodate a belly very nicely, but with jeans/shorts I've had to order some real maternity stuff. it's not bad looking, skinny and tight to balance out the belly :) And I've gone up another bra size. yay.
Stretch marks: Nope :)
Sleep: Not so good. Pretty uncomfortable and tossy-turny with leg cramps, too. Preparing me for all those middle-of-the-night feedings I think. I won't mind it nearly so much then.
Movement: Yes, all day and especially at night. She moves around like crazy when I'm sitting still and rolls around. It's amazing and weird and adorable. I can see her moving under my skin clearly now.
Food cravings: Not really, just get in the mood for certain things at random times. Hungry much more often though!
Food aversions: Not really, still a terrible gag-reflex in the morning. The stuffy nose doesn't help.
Belly button: almost flat, then I guess it will make it's way out. Daniel thinks its the coolest thing, especially since my vitiligo makes it white. haha
What I'm looking forward to: Getting to another milestone (third trimester) in just a few short weeks!
Weekly wisdom: Patience and love get you what you want much faster than harsh words or a quick temper.
Weekly joy: Sharing some special, and a little tearful, moments with my husband. He is an amazing, wonderful, patient, hard-working man. I don't know what I'd do without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment