I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Eph 4:1-2)

Friday, February 26, 2010

the battles of midway


With both baby and school we have reached the ever-so-pivotal point of halfway. As I exit my half-way (20 weeks done!) mark with Bella and cram my brain with information for midterms next week, I am stressed and very excited to pass this milestone with not much terrible to say of the last 20 weeks. It is amazing that I am halfway done with this semester, just cross your fingers that I will finish my papers on time, and am nearly done with my BA. With the belly, it wasn't so great in the beginning and still sucks that my gag-reflex can be triggered by a stuffy nose, but Bella really has treated her mommy with care.

Speaking of how she is treating me, she has really taken to kicking up a storm about once an hour. For 20 mins or so, sometimes more, she does a distracting dance of punches and twists that do nothing for my homework load, but stop me in my tracks in amazement and awe. Last night Daniel got to experience one of these cherished moments with me, too, which was neat because it seems that every time I say- "come feel her!" that is her cue to stop moving completely. Such a sweet, cooperative nature our baby girl has already, hmm? But last night he did catch her kicking over and over before she noticed she was being "watched." I can only hope she isn't so shy for the doctors on Wednesday, though. We (my mom and I) are headed in for the 5 month check-up and they need to get pictures of her spine. Which means getting Bella to 1. straighten out, 2. move around and 3. stop moving in the right places. We shall see.

In the mean time, between now and that (hopefully productive) appointment, I have 2 papers, a project, a test to study for, and about 100 pages of reading to do. Needless to say, I'm not quite done with my midway battle yet. Check in Wednesday though for an update on midterms and Bella. We should have some very new pictures to share.

love to you all and happy Friday!

PS. in case you can't tell from the picture, i've BLOWN UP this month. gained about 8 lbs it seems... hopefully just a growth spurt and not a sign for pace to come. lol

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Caly! You're coming along so nicely!!!! I so remember when the baby first started kicking! Get used to it. The baby will kick in all the most inconvenient times, like when you're trying to get a point across and the baby kicks your bladder and you have to pee right away! LOL But it's great when they're active, cause it lets you know they're still there! :) Also, yeah, it took forever for my husband to feel the baby kick, because every time I'd tell him to come feel the baby, he'd stop kicking. But eventually he'll even get to see your belly move in waves. It's kinda crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete